We hire employees to make our websites and then we use them blindly without even checking their performances which are the must thing to do on every second day. Web sites could not make themselves better on their own as per the search engines’ guidelines. We have to make them according to it and for that, we need to know which part of our website is increasing its desirability among our visitors and which part is devastating.
Google Analytics can do this job for us. It is a web analytics service offered by Google and the best part is it is absolutely free of cost. It can tell you a lot of those hidden statistics about your website and its visitors which you need to know to work on them and enhances the figures back again so that it can eventually grab more business for you.
Google Analytics is one of the most widely used web analytics services on the Internet. Yet, many website’s owners, who have just started using websites as a tool to promote their business, don’t use Google Analytics to measure their traffic and this is because they are not aware of this magical feature Google offers us for free. Today, we will put some light on the below-mentioned questions related to Google Analytics and create some awareness about it:
- Why do we need to use Google Analytics?
- How to install Google Analytics?
This Web analytics service can track the visits to websites and provide detailed information about statistics so that you can do SEO as well as marketing for your websites in a better way.
It can tell you the below-mentioned points:
- The number of new as well as old visitors
- The speed of your website
- Your website’s bounce rate
- The page views of your website
- Your most visited or liked blog content
- The number of people visiting your website and the place and device they are visiting from
- Content of which page is good enough and which needs some improvement
- The most popular page of your website
- Your custom reports
- What keyword people used to come to your website
- The number of visitors coming to your website through other websites and a lot more statistics are available on Google Analytics.
To use this helpful tool, we need to know the procedure to install it. It is easy to install Google Analytics as explained below in easy steps:
- The very first step to using Google Analytics is you have to have a Google account and sign in to it.
- After sign in, click Access Google Analytics and then click on Sign up and fill in your Account Name, Website Name, Website URL, and select an Industry Category and Reporting Time Zone.
- Under Data Sharing Options, check the boxes next to the options that you want.
- Click on Get Tracking ID.
- From the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement that opens, click I Accept.
- Add the Tracking ID to your web site.
Every website or blog owner must use this tool because it will help you to know your audience better with detailed analysis so that you can develop a deeper understanding of your customer experience and you can enhance your marketing strategy by keeping in mind the analysis which Google analytics provides.